12.22.2009

how do you . . .

now i have a serious question, probably will actually end up being a debate. but! the topic is or question; in today's day & age our lives intertwine so insanely & closely with others sometimes people that we would not rather have anything to do with & probably never want to have anything to do with. but how do with deal with this? you try the yeah sure you're there thing but you have to actually socialize so you try the "friend thing" but that obviously doesn't work because once forced to have to be sociable with someone kind of kills the enjoyment of the person. how does this work? for myself once someone has crossed me to the point i can not deal with their existence of being around me everything they do will drive me past my breaking point? but we are all adults here, i mean i am a mom now & i honestly don't change over night but i really could careless for a lot of crap but certain things really tick me off & the fact i would usually blow up is kind of childish and up until (exactly a month today) i was alone. i mean yes i am with my beloved* but i only really had to worry for myself, now i have my precious miss olivia rose* and not that i would like to blow up on people, i would just like them to be easier to deal with & sometimes, well a lot of times, people blow situations/conversations out of proportion & again someone has to "be the bigger person" why me?! why do i need to suck it up & just look the other way, let it roll off my back. i am not that type of person, things "rolling off my back" don't happen. so again the question/topic is how do you deal with a person in your life that shouldn't or wouldn't necessarily be there on your terms but they are & you need to be civil, sociable & pretend to like them?

3 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

dont pretend to like them. just dont be rude when they are around. limit your contact with them, and don't pretend to be interested in anything they have to do or say. it's just the way of the world-- you'll always be near people you don't like, but being the bigger person makes you a better person, and reinforces your karmaic stance in the universe! it also is a good lesson for olivia.

Jennie La* said...

ah. so frustrating sometimes & unfortunately they are ALWAYS around or i have to deal with. luckily! one of them will be disappearing off my radar extremely soon but the other seems to be going no where & fast. so difficult sometimes to be the bigger person.

Jennie La* said...

i do have to say though. with everything that happened with olivia it has made it extremely easy to sever ties with those who are not needed in my life. those who were there in some form will always be appreciated & here*