7.20.2009

spectacular weekend!

happy monday! blogging world. my weekend was eventful! yet at the same time very mellow & relaxed. great weekend! we had snugglebutt, aidan, this weekend friday night i worked so it was just the boys at home; but Sat began my 5 day mini-vacation! yay. So Saturday my beloved*, aidan, my mom, brother & i all went to castle island in south boston. awesome place! it was the right temperature as well; really cool breeze from the ocean, sunny & warm just fabulous. altho we did miss the castle by 10 minutes, aidan had a blast! my brother is a "tough guy" when you meet him one-on-one but the second you bring a kid into the house that dr. jenkil turns off & he is the funniest, goofiest guy in the world; i think it's actually all the men in my family?! hhmm. so my brother ran around with aidan while my mom, beloved* & i strolled behind watching chatting about the baby & the registry, that's all my mom talks about she's dying to go out & shop! LoL but there are a few pictures i have been traveling light since i now have an extra 12 pounds on my belly so pictures will come at some point when my brother posts them. we then did dinner at the prince's leaning tower of pizza on route 1 with my parents; my dad & aidan absolutely adore each other. walking into a family; even tho separated are completely still involved in this little man's life was a little nerve-raking because if my beloved* & i got serious, which obviously we did, where do i & my family come into play? and it has been the easiest transition ever! my beloveds* & my families get along great; similar in a lot of ways & aidan loves my family, things just are running so smoothly. of course after dinner we bogeyed home due to being aidan's bedtime nearing. that snugglebutt of course feel asleep in the car & was wide awake when we walked in the door, LoL gotta love him & his own bedtime routines. 

sunday we bid adieu to aidan, he went over to his nanny/grampi's (his moms' parents) he loves it there, they have a pool & a sandbox who wouldn't love it there? LoL and i had my beloved* all to myself. we went to babiesrus & began our registration process! yay. a bit overwhelming i must admit; beginning it holding the gun in your hand walking around the store seeing everything you want all the excitement is overwhelming! it was great! until we got to breast-pumps, monitors, bottles; what is BPA free, what isn't (which by the way everything is BPA free now) was crazy. so we called it a day, wanting to research the important stuff before we made hasty decisions & went to lunch* my favorite thing to do now sit down & eat! LoL i did take a nap which i was very excited about but we did miss our movie date we were going to do. but we did see the hangover! funny movie. and that brings us to today.

today is all about me! i am heading to motherhood maternity, sally's beauty supply, target & newbury comics. we then have a date planned for ourselves later tonight; we made a pack last night that no matter how insane our lives get (which they are def going to with aidan, peanut, & my beloveds* 5-day work week beginning soon) we will make it a point to have one night a month to ourselves LoL if we end up home alone on the couch i can live with that! but that has been my exciting, relaxed, fun weekend. hope everyone else had such a great weekend as we did here. the weather has been fabulous here in boston, so enjoy! my weekend will last me another two days; my monday is thursday! aaah. mini-vacations are fabulous. ciao blogging world.

No comments: