10.02.2008

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month



So October is "BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH" and I am doing a 5.7 mile walk on Sunday, Oct 5 2008 to support the awareness & research of this awful disease. What are you doing for this disease? There are lots of different ways to support, donate money, or just get yourself some research about it, not only are women affected by this so are men either by getting it themselves or having a loved one get it! So donate, research or support! For every 100 women with the disease, 1 man gets it! For women our chances get higher with age ::
  • At 20, it's 1 in 1847
  • At 40, it's 1 in 40
  • The lifetime risk of getting it is 1 in every 8

Some easy ways to help reduce your chances in getting this disease are ::

  • Regular physical activity -- lowers your risks, helps reduice erstogen levels, fights obesity, lowers unsulin levels, & boosts yoru immune system
  • A healthy diet -- one that is balanced & low in saturated & trans fats
  • Limiting alcohol intake

Signs of breast cancer vary in everyone, & most women have no signs they can see. So ((once at the point in your life)) get screened! Mammograms are horrible & highly uncomfortable but it could save your life!

(( all information above was researched from :: http://www.abc2news.com/content/breast_cancer/story.aspx?content_id=b4772ba2-b8e6-4325-952e-3303782c3c21 ))


Unforunately great bloggers, I am completely moved & our internet service is on the fritts! So I will be unable to log in, catch up on yours blogs as well as my own! So I will be back first thing Monday morning catching myself up on everything that is fabulous in the blogging world. Also, again my big walk is Sunday & I am over-due for so many pictures, a friend of mine will be helping me get my pictures ((Aidan's birthday & Weezer concert)) should be up VERY soon.

No comments: