2.05.2009

New England weather

I am not happy this morning, life is good but I am tired of this "New England weather" I honestly am. I mean I hate the cold but I completely understand it's apart of life & the New England feel of things, but this weather today & tomorrow is absolutely ridiculous! It was 6 degrees this morning, 6 degrees! That is insanely cold on its' own nevermind the fact that, welcome to New England, the damn windchill! ugh. I have no idea what it was "feeling like" this morning but it was bitterly cold; even in the car it was horrible, breathing thru your nose/mouth hurt from the cold & it was just awful to actually get myself out of my warm bed this morning! Here are the facts so no one thinks I'm just being a beach bum baby, coming to you from the fabulous whdh.com

Ha! with the windchill, right now not this morning

this is our "New England weather" for the week it's insane; bitterly cold, cold, warm, warmer, back to being cold again . . damn you Phil the groudhog I want spring already.
In other news, the hotel has been slow! The business just isn't what it was last year & it's just getting worse everyday, so talking with my buddy the Sous Chef of the kitchen he wants to come up with some new menu items for lunch so we're chit chatting & just going over foods we like, things we've tried & being I did go to a culinary school he (what I thought was jokingly) stated "I need to get you in the kitchen, even if part-time" I laughed & stated "oh yeah David, I will run that kitchen during weddings & special functions like I never left the kitchen" Apparently what I thought was 'jokingly' wasn't, he just spoke with my boss & wants me to work part-time in the kitchen on weekends or whenever the special events are taking place. He has a good staff on his line already, don't let me knock them but they are the type of people who are told what to do & just do what they're told never thinking outside the box. So I am stocked to actually put that jacket back on with my name on it & run that kitchen! I had shadowed the front of the special events; running the staff serving, preparing, etc but now going back into the kitchen & cooking I could not be more excited. Altho doing it as a full-time job is overwhelming this will be perfect, I'll still have my status & staff at the front desk but will go into the kitchen working alongside my friend David & execute these special events. Here are some silly photos of chefs getting down & dirty in the kitchen.





well fellow bloggers, the entire month of January was insane & busy & February is looking like a repeat, so unforunately that is all for now I may be back later (thursdays are my long days at work) hopefully with a fun idea for a blog. Ciao*






No comments: