2.25.2009

WALK(s) !!

Today I am feeling under the weather health-wise but my spirits are very high! I am not only super excited for this weekend, Mohegan Sun, Aaron Lewis & my beloved* all to myself (his phone will be turned off)! And exciting news events coming up, I am tired of seeing the 3-a-Day walk commercials, flyers, etc & just looking & moving on so I have decieded maybe not this year but I will do it! I asked friends for information about walk(s) to join in on & participate. All of these walks are going to be fabulous, not only will I be apart of way more (because helping Kolleen with her NEDA walk has made me want way more) the two walks I do myself are phenominal & I love them dearly but I need more for my fixation! So to prepare for the 3-a-Day which is 60 miles around the entire city of Boston I am going to do all of these other smaller walks & begin walking/running on my own to get myself in tip-top shape.
The NEDA walk on 02.22.2009 began my year! And thus far I have a few walks in the making (two are definite, they are mine)
  • Walk for Hunger 05.03.2009 - 20 miles
  • Take Steps (chron's & colitis) 06.02.2009 - 2-3 miles
  • NSTAR'S Walk for Children's Hospital 06.14.2009 - 7 miles*

haven't decided if I was going to both of these or just one of them, there are no details on the walks only dates are posted so depending on their lengths who knows I may do both

  • Frances F Morast Walk to beat Ovarian Cancer 09.12.2009
  • WellFleet Walk 09.27.2009
  • Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Awareness TBA - 5 miles*

also! If anyone has any information on a walk for the awareness of cervical cancer that one I would really love to jump on that one!! Also, a few friends have emailed me that they do small walks in certain areas but have yet to send me details one them, so there are two more in the making. And this morning I realized I need to set a date to seriously begin this training & even though it is the day before St. Patrick's Day I have decided that March 16th will be that day!! Ah man, does it feel good to be apart of something bigger than you & your daily life & that is an amazing cause! 2009, I said it way back when is going to be the year! I'm not sure what I am looking for but I feel good things coming my way, I believe whole-heartedly in karma & it works both ways. Do bad & bad will come back to you, but go good & good will come back at you! Well that is all for today fellow bloggers I have a lot of planning, recuriting, & organizing to do!! Wahoo, Happy Hump Day ya'll!

1 comment:

Life With Dogs said...

Hopefully the snow will not reduce participation - it's flying with full force as I type this...