3.03.2009

American Dreamin'

So I am sitting here on a Tuesday evening enjoying the company of mother, the two (( dumb )) dogs, the cat & TiVO!! WaHaHa. I had a fabulous weekend with my beloved*, Mohegan Sun & Aaron Lewis. Unfortunately, I did not win anything but nor did I lose anything big but my beloved* won a few bucks nothing to get all crazii over but was cool. Aaron Lewis, who I've never seen, was awesome! He was hilarious, had a wonderful voice & just rocked. Mohegan Sun was crowded from the concert but I had a blast even tho my babes got really sick after the concert & I did some gambling on my own, fyi. I may have a small gambling problem!! Hmm. LoL

But sitting here hanging with my mom, at my parents house I am just pondering life. We are raised by two (( usually )) adults filled with love, hope & lots of dreams for their little ones, they try their hardest to fill us with as much knowledge, integrity, common-sense, & respect for others, so what happens along the way with some of us? Why are some of us horrid people? Seems like some of us are out only for the negative points in life, like to see others drown in sorrow & misery, or why is it that some of us seem to just be miserible? I understand (( trust me I do )) the fact that life is a negative, mean, horrid place sometimes but there are a lot of great things going on, and silver linings to everything! The American Economy is horrible; we all know that, people are being cut, hours being reduced, jobs are just vanishing into thin air, places are closing down completely, it's a very obvious thing!! But why is that some people b!tch & moan about the fact that because such & such got cut they have more work now "life is so mean, tough" how do you think the person who was just let-go & has no job, income, complete life has just turned upside in one statement feel!? Hhhm. Why is the people who don't b!tch about their jobs; don't go in, call out continuously, go in late, leave early & they get by on the chopping block? I don't have any answers for any of my questions. I don't have any clue why people are the way they are, I thought we all grew up with parents with 'the American dream' & tried at least to enstill this 'American dream' in us, and do good for not only ourselves but for our neighbors. Maybe I was wrong, maybe everyone is out for themselves, the easy solution or 'fix-it', and just want their cake & to eat it too. Maybe I am on the wrong side of the fence here.

I am not sure where I went with this, or if I made much sense. I am just being surronded by a bunch of lazii, cry-baby, leaches who get away scott-free & others who bust their butts for their lives, jobs & family and lose? But the events taking place near & around me, things I see/hear on the news are driving me insane. I really hope for this horrible economy to begin to take a turn for the better soon! Well enjoy this fabulous week, it is only Tuesday but then again it's already Tuesday. Happy 21st Kassi!! Ciao* fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

well.. i take time off when i'm sick because i'm face to face with people all day. or when its a storm out and i don't have a ride, like yesterday. but still, i don't get people. jinx works with one kid who's late every day, like really really late, or just leaves in the middle of a shift. what the hell is that? when i work i fucking WORK!

Jennie La* said...

seriously. i have a girl i work with who is late EVERYDAY! and no one says sh!t. or there are women who just come & go & i am like wtf i need to get someone to let me pee. . !!! arg. corporate america is at it's worst right now.