3.10.2009

Showers, Weddings & babies. oh my!


So it is not even spring yet here in Boston yet my world around me only has three things on their minds: showers, weddings, babies! And in that order. LoL none of which I am personally taking part in so my parents are on high alert! I have two near & dear friends who are moving up & out into the world with their men, future husbands, one of the two friends is even expecting a little one of their own. So the events around me aren't the mediocre events that take place everyday, I am seriously happy for them both with all of my heart & so proud that they were able to find the guys they were meant to be with & able to make it work. Lots of people now-a-days get so lazii even when it comes with the one you love, they just don't put the effort into anymore to make things work, nothing is always easy, smiles & laughs it's going to be hard sometimes & they pulled through whatever events/obstacles took place & are stilltogether. I guess because of the events that are taking place around me that is probably why my favorite song of the moment is:
 Kings of Leon 'Use Somebody'

I've been roaming around 
Always looking down at all I see 
Painted faces, fill the places I cant reach 

You know that I could use somebody 
You know that I could use somebody 

Someone like you, And all you know, And how you speak 
Countless lovers under cover of the street 

You know that I could use somebody 
You know that I could use somebody 
Someone like you 

Off in the night, while you live it up, I'm off to sleep 
Waging wars to shape the poet and the beat 
I hope it's gonna make you notice 
I hope it's gonna make you notice 

Someone like me 
Someone like me 
Someone like me, somebody 

Someone like you, somebody 
Someone like you, somebody 
Someone like you, somebody 

I've been roaming around, 
Always looking down at all I see


It is a really good song when you hear it, the instruments that are in the background, the way they sing the song, it's just awesome I love it. But back to my ramble. While all of these events around me & looking back at who we each were in high school makes me wonder if everyone has a somebody. Boggles my mind sometimes. Everyone really could use a somebody. But enough of that mind wondering, over-thinking, always getting myself into trouble business and onto pictures! I have pictures from both Julie's wedding & Valerie's wedding shower. Both girls looked gorgeous, of course & I got pictures with both the bride & bride-to-be. Oh but the picture of Julie & I was taken by her, hot gay photographer (they're all gay!), and that will come soon! Enjoy! Happy Tuesday.

the happy, gorgeous couple.
oh! and that's the hot gay photographer.
my beloved* & i.
julie & liz. sisters(twins)*

her mother did an amazing job with everything. that is val's chair.
athena & val. sisters*
mother & daughter.
best friends forever.
and valerie's second family. that's my mom*

4 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

i love wedding pictures-- she looks so pretty! i have two weddings to go to this year, i'm really looking forward to them.

Jennie La* said...

as do i. but then the wedding fever begins with everyone involved & the harassment of 'well your friends are getting married are you next?' shut up! don't rush me, that is huge & i am not ready! back off!

jayme1285 said...

I believe there is a somebody for a someone, it just takes longer sometimes to find that right someone. I love the wedding pictures too! So when are you getting married??? joking joking!!

Jennie La* said...

HaHa . . i like money & pink things. make sure you buy me those when i finally get married. we should just get married & only register for pink things & bags of money.