3.11.2009

Love, funny lil word.

So I have calmed down since my earlier blog & am stumped. Love, what is it exactly? What does it entail? And is it possible to love more than once? Maybe it's the "wedding fever" that is going around or the fact that events are taking place around me are all in the love corner but I am puzzled. Can we love more than once? If not then why is that we all (including myself) use the word towards many people, of course excluding family members those people we have to love. LoL just kidding. But in all seriousness, what is love? And why is that in this day & age when we love someone it is the "way" to then get married, have children & basically change who you are & your entire life. I know that relationships take compromise, but think about it every relationship always has the one person that compromises more or gives more. May not be by much but it's always the case, inevitable. So of course my wondering mind I googled, 'what is love' and the website wikihow.com tells me 

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?”
— Albert Einstein


Love is difficult to define. How do you avoid confusing it with infatuation or lust? Philosophers and psychologists both have attempted to define love, or at least its difference from infatuation and lust. If you are looking to find love, the following observations may be helpful.

Love is much more than a risk, but is a risk that one can take and grasp and fall into a dark abyss or dig oneself a hole and only crawl back when you overcome your emotions.

How can one truly define what love is? Not even an experienced person can truly grasp or explain love to it's truest and deepest meaning. Its concepts are just a never ending story of an open book of experiences. But love does lie in one's heart, where memories are but shadows lingering in your soul."


So that doesn't help me much. But I see so many couples who state they are "in love" and I ponder, some people seem absolutely perfect for each other while others & their relationships serious boggle my mind. I honestly feel you have your first love, usually as a kid you are infatuated with someone so much and then I believe in your person. I use the word person as the one person that fits you like a puzzle piece, almost a soul-mate or your true love. Someone that fits you so well there isn't much compromise, settling, or changing. But all of those are inevitable; compromise, settling (to an extent), change. But all of these people I speak of tell me when you find that person you just know. So, you feel you know you've found your person & everything is good except outside events/people. Why is that no matter how great everything/everyone is there is always an element from the outside of the relationship that makes you flip & flop back in forth to maybe this isn't it. And why is that there is always that outside element, usually a person is what makes such a huge impact because an event or two can be overcome easily, but a person who just won't go away or stop poking in just isn't as easy to get over. 

I am not sure where I am going with this I am just rambling today I guess. I am just thinking, it's what I unfortunately do over-think everything, but I just wonder. I guess we just have to take it day by day & enjoy who we have & what we have today & hope things continue the way they're going (as long as they are positive things). I am off for the day, just going to continue to ponder. LoL any enlightenment please send it my way, maybe it's my age (again) that makes me ponder all of these things. Who knows., not me.

1 comment:

jayme1285 said...

Love is like chocolates. I am allergic to nuts so if I get a chocolate that is SURPRISE there's nuts it sucks, much like love with a bad surprise. Orrr you have other chocolates that are SURPRISE there is melted chocolate in the middle or caramel and that is the love that just keeps surprising you with yummy smiles. Did that make sense or am I just a crazy chocoholic haha. YAY good chocolates aka good love. But nuts, could you please have a warning label :::Caution:: Have been known to be a nut!