3.09.2009

No Smoking!

So today I am going to ramble on & on about smoking! I am a smoker! Haven't always been, and when I was much younger I would pick & pry at my mother, aunts, cousins, whomever I saw with a cigarette in their hand to not smoke & preach all there is to preach about why smoking is bad for you! And yes it is completely ironic & crazii that I am now a smoker myself, but shut up! I am LoL. So today two guests' (males) from Alabama check in with myself & Jamie (another smoker) and get really mad that we are a non-smoking property and they have to go in the freezing cold weather to have a cigarette. Now I try to explain to guests that come in, we are smokers so we feel their pain in going outside & freezing but we don't make the rules we just enforce them. Also, I've heard rumors that the city of Cambridge (a town on the other side of Boston) is enforcing people to only smoke in/on their property!! You will be ticketed for walking down the street, or hanging outside of a building & smoking a cigarette! Whether or not this is true this is completely insane! Cigarettes are legal! I can legally go & buy cigarettes at a number of places but I can not smoke them in certain places, or in certain cities!! That is insane! I mean I understand non-smokers don't want to have the cigarette smoke in their face while they are eating or drinking or even in my hotel room or house, neither do I. But now to shun us slowly out of society & into dark alleys (cause that will be the only place if that law goes thru we can smoke) or we're stuck in our houses. If they really didn't want people smoking & paying the taxes on these horrible, deadly cigarettes make them illegal! it's that simple.
What really blows my mind as while all of this is happening the laws for mariujana are being lowered? WTF! Seriously, mariujana is illegal! why are these laws being lowered? 'oh well if you get caught with an ounce or less the punishment is a slap on the wrists?' WTF. Okay, I personally am not a huge fan of mariujana but I couldn't care either way if mariujana was legal or not but I don't make the laws & now they are saying 'oh well shame on you but we want to limit the tax-payers expense accounts & not put them thru the long court process' 1. thank you as a tax payer for that & 2. fcuk you! as a smoking tax payer for that. I pay my taxes & pay taxes on cigarettes & I can not smoke my LEGAL cigarettes in certain cities, or places! that is absolutely insane. I am completely pissed off with this sh!t right now. UGH! Sorry fellow bloggers, but there are certain things that just iritate me! I am a smoker, yes! But I don't smoke in my house, in my hotel room, in my car when I have non-smokers in it, near children or groups of people who I know are bothered by it & I never blow it in a persons' face!! I honestly feel, for a smoker, I am seriously considerate of others & not discusting at all! So for me to accept this information, it is killing me! I am absolutely appauled, stunned & just furious. I feel that this is an attempt to make us cookie-cutters & making us all the same. Think about it, corporate America is giving people all these pills to make us 'happy, gitty & whatever', we can go certain places, do certain things & now we're being told what we can do & can't do with this with LEGAL items. BLAH! Well I am done with this rant for the moment. Have a fabulous Monday night & enjoy the snow, it's here & obviously winter isn't over.

1 comment:

jayme1285 said...

Amen sister! haha. I get sooo irritated on how many people complain in a day that we are a non-smoking hotel! Get over it! Go outside like we do and do your business and go to bed. People just like to bitch I think and let everybody here them. It's like the quote from salt-n-pepa "opinions are like assholes and everybody's got one"