12.21.2008

Snowed In, Again!

So being snowed in today, at my parents! I have a lot of time on my hands. (well do have to take breaks to continue the shoveling, salting show) but I felt like today would be a good day to do a fun blog! I figured today I would do an overview of 2008, for me it was a crazii, wacky, fun, loving, & full of lessons year! How was your year? Some of the things that happened this year to me & to everyone are here:
  • I traveled twice! Houston, TX & NYC, on works' dollar
  • Was top 3 in my class for PSCT training!
  • Got stuck in the Detriot Airport overnight (not fun at all)
  • Fell in love with an amazing man.
  • Moved in with that amazing man!
  • Fell in love with a fabulous four year old & almost one year old, Aidan & Rileigh Marie*
  • Became a serious lover of :: UFC, Raising the Bar, & Sons of Anarchy.
  • Found some new/old fabulous friends who are here to stay.
  • Found out some interesting news about old friends.
  • Became Maid-Of-Honor for my dearest friend Julie.
  • Invited to Vegas & in my oldest/dearest friend Val's wedding
  • Went to some amazing concerts with that amazing man, my beloved*
  • Traveled with that amazing man, my beloved*
  • Had some great times with dear friends.
  • Went to a few rockin weddings, met some awesome people.
  • Threw my first children's birthday party, & I must say it rocked!
  • Not only was a participator but a team leader for the ROCK YOUR SOX team for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Awareness walk, raised over $2000 in one month.
  • Marked my 5th year participating in the Miles for Miracles walk for the Children's Hospital of Boston
  • Had some health scares, but turns out that the silver lining they were just bad episodes!
  • Found the most amazing gift for my beloved/myself in August! Can't wait to use it. (more on that later)
  • Dearest Danjiela moved to Vegas (excuse for a vacation now!)
  • Got re-intouch with some of my favorite people in my family!!
  • Realized A LOT about myself & the people I surronded myself with.
  • Found out that at any age men love video games & fantasy sports! LoL

Polticis:

  • We voted for our first African American president! (voted obama)
  • 5 years later still in a war to help "protect" and "limit violence" yet we are still bombing in their neighborhoods.
  • Bush is out of office!

Entertainment:

  • The New Kids on the Block are back!
  • Tom Cruise lost his sh!t on national television, LoL
  • Madonna & Guy Ritchie are over!
  • Britney Spears is back!
  • We lost the extremely talented & gorgeous father, son, man Heath Ledger
  • Batman :: The Dark Knight came out!

News:

  • Gas prices raised the highest we've ever seen them go.
  • Price of cigarettes & liquor went up, hell everything went up!
  • Gas prices go back down, to about as low as when I was in high school.
  • We are now in the worst financial standing we've ever seen.
  • The entire country of the US is under a winter storm watch!
  • Vegas got snow!

So I hope everyone else had a great 2008, here's to 2009. Hopefully everything that happened (negative) will stay behind with the year & nothing but good things are to come. Here's looking to nothing but good things happening in 2009, I personally want a pony & a bag of money! Good luck to me. Enjoy the snow day, yet again!

No comments: