12.16.2008

Wall St/Main St

I never understood the whole "Wall St meets Main St" thing everyone was talking about at first but I get it now. And I everyday check whdh.com and upon looking at the weather (fyi it's going to snow here in Boston) I come across an article Mass. to spend $8M to help end homelessness okay, not that I want people to continue to be homeless, especially in this crazii weather but where is this money coming from? I thought our economy was sh!t. And the whole $700B for Wall Street, seriously? Where are we getting this money from? I went to the grocery store picked up a few items, less than 12 here people & it came to $35!! $35 for a taco kit, chicken, cheese, a small carton of ice cream, bread, 12-pack of soda, & one of those pre-made salads in a bag!! Seriously. Yes, gas is cheaper thank the Lord for that because with my 30-45 minute ride to/from work everyday I am seriously thankful for that but we are paying for it everywhere. Food, cigarettes, liquor, everything else is going up! And ontop of us paying more out of our pockets they are just coming out of no where with these millions & billions to help save Wall Street & Main Street. Okay, I don't completely get the whole "Wall Street" thing & I have no stocks in anything so maybe I don't get it but I do completely understand getting the homeless off the streets and into warm houses. But where are we pulling this money from? Why not stop "pretending" to have sales & have special one time offers & just lower prices for the average American. Well I just wanted to comment on that article I saw, it is at whdh.com if anyone wanted to read into it & there is also a lot of information on the ice storm we just had a few days ago here in New England. But that is all I have for today, I should probably get back to my internet holiday shopping because I am pushing deadlines on getting everything on time! Ciao*
Here are some fun images I found while doing my "holiday shopping"
















No comments: