11.06.2008

Day No 6 :: Interesting Stuff

So this morning on my way to work, boo yes I am back to work already but limited my actual "work" HaHa. But anywho, on my way work I was listening a great AM radio station this morning, Wbcn & the fabulous DJs O&A (Opi & Anthony) who rock! They are opinions & they voice them, whether "politically correct" or not & they voice them loudly & callers come in & argue their case and it is just great radio to listen to in the AM, because unforunately all the radio stations only talk in the morning there's no music! But they are hilarious, usually but this morning was very informational & awesome. Anthony is not a racist but makes some valid points that todays' American society (the future of America) being in our 20s, 30s or 40s never saw slavery or the horrible way the "blacks" and women were treated. Yes, of course it was horrible & we hope history never repeats itself ever again in that form, but we (again, being America's society today, the "future") had nothing to do with it. The fact that the African-American culture as a whole has come so far from that whole situation, yes it absolutely fabulous no one if disputing that, but why are we having these discussion today November 6, 2008? Especially when none of us (the American society 20s, 30s, & 40s) weren't here, never had any slaves, and we all are in agreement that it was horrible & we never want it repeated! I am, I guess not neccessarily stunned, but just in aw I guess that these discussions are so popular today, because the fabulous Mr. Obama is due to be our president? Okay, maybe I can not grasp the understanding of the altitude of fabulousiness but seriously? I never owned a slave, you were never a slave, it's over & done with, yes horrible but done! Now we have an African-American President coming into office so doesn't that make the slate clear? We are all now finally equal? No need to feel there are "limitations" or things that can not be done by a certain culture? I, maybe being an optomistic, believe so & I think we all should. Yes it was one of the most horrible things that have happened in the American history, but not only did we as a country overcome it but moved on & up from it. Think positively people!
But in other news, I am feeling fabulous, still very sore but no pain anymore! YaY. Back to the grind, not so YaY but here with the lovely Lisa doing an extremely limited number of things, fabulous! And then back to the crazii house I call my parents. But that is all I really had to say this morning, maybe I will blog again later (parents' house drives me nuts, usually hide in my room blogging or reading) but I may sleep, extremely tired lately (the meds!) Until then fellow bloggers

1 comment:

Miss Kolleen said...

dude O&A is a favorite in this house-- especially lil jimmy-- we just love that lil rapscallion!