11.07.2008

Day No 7 :: Mock Thanksgiving & Misc

Good morning fellow bloggers! Hope everyone is well, I am feeling so much more better this morning, still extremely sore but slowly getting better everyday, bet those meds the doc gave me are the reason! LoL BUT! I am here to tell you a little more about my "Mock Thanksgiving" I am having at the end of the month. I myself am shopping, preping, & cooking it all, I imagine my beloved will help me out but I am doing it all mainly on my own, which I am so excited about! First big meal on my own, in my own place & I can be like BAM! this is all brought to via Jennie La* wahaha. So this is what I'm thinking, just really good food, nothing Thanksgivingy, seeing as how it is at the end of the month & everyone (except James Steven) will have had enough of stuffing, turkey & all the other stuff we eat that one day a year. So my menu is going to look a little something like this, unfortunately I have a million ideas running through my head. What will go good together, oh but I like this dish, so there will be lots of tweeks & changes coming up but here is my rough draft. ((oh and it is going to be a maybe a four or five course dinner, again can't decide on what I exactly am doing))

"MOCK THANKSGIVING" Menu
Appetizer
Pomodoro Fresco Sourdough Bruschetta
Salad
A salad I make myself LoL no name, field greens, toasted nuts, tomatoes, goat cheese
Starches
Tortellini, Baked Mashed Potatoes w/Parmesan Cheese & Bread crumbs
Vegetables
Corn, Green Beans & Broccoli w/Cheese
Main Course
((two options))
BBQ Spiced Chicken, Salsa Salad & Pumpkin-Chipotle Poltena
-or-
Roasted Chicken w/Roasted Garlic Sauce & White Trffule Oil w/Herbed Potato Puree
Dessert
Pumpkin Roll Cake
Drinks
Bud Light, White Zinfandel, Water, & Assorted Sodas
So there is my "Mock Thanksgiving" menu & it is again only a rough draft so I am not sure which main course I will choose, or if something will be added or subtracted, I was thinking of doing a soup instead of a salad, due to the fact it's cold outside but again I am so indecisive. If anyone has any opinions, other great dish options, please send them! I am so excited for this event, I am going to try and get the boys to dress up a little, LoL good luck to me.
But in other news! I am feeling better but still bummed at the whole situation, and extremely sore. I have a strict, "no caffeine, limit smoking, & 'healthier' food choices" which completely sucks! But in order to get me into better spirits, my dearest friend Val is bringing me Mexican food tomorrow & I am going to try and get over to Old Navy, they are having a great sale 50% off all outwear & scarfs, hats & gloves are only $1! So of course my butt is getting up & over there. But my beloved* is spending the entire day Sunday with me in bed, LoL yeah he doesn't let me do crap at home & snuggling which I will not complain about at all. And then Monday back to the grind but after work, the rockin' Kolleen may potentially be coming over to make me some rad tea & "playing makeup" LoL I love it, playing makeup at 23 & 26 never gets old! But that is all for today, please fellow bloggers, I know I follow some rad cooking blogs, send your input & other dish options, or even easy drink options that you may know. All is welcome! Ciao*

2 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

i suggest a soup; definately a butternut squash or a tomato!

i am working monday; actually my o only days off this week are sunday and thursday. ugh!

Jennie La* said...

THURSDAY!
everyone will be there so it'll be crowded but i'm off thursday night too.