11.09.2008

No 9 :: Sorry

I wanted to dedicate a blog to the fact that I am sorry Americans are so devoted, addicted & honestly stupid with their addictions. Yes, I am a woman of addiction, my addiction being cigarettes. Bad yes I know but easily accessed, legal & fairly cheap (compared to other addictions).  I feel sorry for those who are addicted to drugs or alcohol, both of which are horrible but particularly people addicted to drugs. Not only are they not easy to come by, but they are not legal (so you could ruin your life in a matter of seconds), they are expensive & don't last nearly as long as my cigarettes do. I am sorry that you have to not only have to play the waiting game for them to come about but you have to spend either stolen money or your hard earned money on it for what? A 20 minute high that will end, you'll need some more or something else, usually alcohol to help keep the high. And what exactly does that solve? What issue has all of a sudden just ended because you had those items on your persons & did them? NONE! That's exactly what, if anything it has caused you more problems, now you're out money, irritable because you need more or need more money for whatever. 
Now yes when I was a teenager I did tamper in the drug scene but my drug scene was extremely limited and rather juvenile; weed, alcohol & stupid little kids pills nothing extreme! But I was a teenager, went through the phase got out of it & spent my part-time job money (not rent, car payment, loan money) on it. So I really am sorry that so many Americans have this issue & for some reason can not get of the cycle of it. Yes, I completely understand it's hard. Again, I being a smoker have yet to quit because it is so hard but some of the other "options" are way worse than mine & can completely ruin your life again in a matter of seconds. So due to the NaBloPoMo I blogged today and it is just basically a huge I'm Sorry! to everyone who has this issue, is around someone who has it or somehow in their life have dealt with it. It is so hard to be in yourself, watch a loved one in the cycle or for some, just to hear about. That is all today fellow bloggers, back to the "real world" good luck to all & wish nothing but the best.

1 comment:

Miss Kolleen said...

addictions are the worst. i've seen way too many people suffer with them and i myself have too-- chemically and otherwise (obviously eating disorders are a type of addiction but also a disease which is a weird gray area). it is insane how much drugs can really change and ruin a person. my best friend died when she was 19 because of drugs and it's been a strange road ever since.

i think in a way cigarettes and alcohol are worse in their ability to be so available... obviously they're not as psychically bad as illegal drugs, but in a way its worse because it's basically socially acceptable to slowly kill yourself with them.