11.24.2008

i heart sexnthecity.

So the fabulous Kolleen & myself are having a debate Twilight vs Sex n The City, now I am a HUGE Sex n The City fan & not a big fan of any sci-fi movies or stuff. So seeing as how this debate is starting to get heated (all in a friendly manner of course) I had to find some pictures of both, how can you not love Sex n The City, it is MORE realistic than Twilight would ever dream of being & I just love it. Four powerful women working in the city, successful & kicking ace like men to do us! Gotta love it, and Twilight has what, this Edward Cullen guy? Okay, pasty white guys are not my type at all & the fact that a "vampire' falls in love with a teenage girl & tries to save her from the rest of the vampire squad is just laughable to me. First. Vampires are so fake, and isn't the whole exsistence of vampires that they are the un-dead, completely cold & have no feelings or human qualities at all? Well, that's what my understanding was but this movie is just that "good" that it beats all the odds & thoughts we had as vampires as a whole. Second. The fact that all these little teenage girls are freaking out like NKOTB or Nsync was in town over a movie is seriously freaking the crap outa me. I didn't like teenage girls when I was a teenage girl & the fact that they're out at all hours, at the movies screaming at the top of their lungs & acting like complete morons is killing me! While Sex n The City is based on reality. The whole concept of four women living in a large city been friends for years & are always there for themselves, is that not realistc? Seriously, come on at least give me that. And yes, I stand by my statement 'every woman should watch Sex n The City' even though it is a little far fetched from what our daily lives are, they do hit serious topics. Carrie had a recovering alcoholic as a boyfriend, a recovering drug addict, an ADD adult man boyfriend, a girlfriend who is a whore (we all have or had one of those), or a stuck up prude, or a complete feminist. Where is the unrealistic factor? That they make a lot of money, that could happen to any of us, the fact that they have nothing but designer clothes in their closets, could happen or the fact that they have no STDs yet sleep with crazii amounts of men. Well, if i recall they did hit the topic of miscarriages & abortions, Charlotte did get crabs from a guy at the Hamptons & Miranda got an STD too (I just spent 10 minutes trying to find out which one but she did!). They also hit cancer, deaths, sexless marriages (which unforunately happen) & tons of other topics that are reality!! So that is all for my side of the debate today, just think of 90210, Melrose Place, DeGrassi (never watched but people love it), Saved By the Bell, and the millions of other shows that are "based on reality" to a certain degree, where do you get that from Twilight, where I ask you?

Some of their outfits are rockin & I want them!
Some of their outfits (earlier in the series) are horrid!

Love you ladies!!


Again, earlier in the series thank god we developed our styles.

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
That scene is from the movie, loved it!! Santa won't you get it for me?

Another beginning of the series shot.
And here are some anti-Twilight clips, WaHaHa had to find some.

and he is! my beloved* has color (as much as his Irish nationality & hatred of the sun will allow him to have) personality, charm & no fangs to bite me with when i kiss him <3

you can click to make the clip below larger. pretty funny even if you are a twilight fan.

that is all for the day fellow bloggers, trust me there will be more on this topic.
LoL imagine the two of us could keep this going for a good amount of time.

5 comments:

dp said...

You don;t liek twilight in part because teenage girls like it an scream for it? I found that Sex n the city has the same effect on Middle Aged women. And even though they are twice as old, the screaming isn't any less annoying.

Jennie La* said...

yes i will agree with that, but i personally usually curl up with a nice glass of wine & watch the show not scream at the tv. i don't like twilight for how far fetched from reality it is.

dp said...

So there are no shows or movies at all that you enjoy that have far fetched plot lines or happenings? I obviously can't say for sure, sicne I don't actually know you, but I'm sure there must be somthing. yes no??

Jennie La* said...

yes. there def are, but the whole 'sci'fi' concept kills me! can't follow it, don't like it!

dp said...

Yeah, I can realte to that. I've never been huge on sci fi my self. though, go figure, I love the show Lost, which turns out, it is very sci fi after all. It's just told in a more paletable setting for me.