11.27.2008

I LOVE TURKEY ON THANKSGiViNG

HAPPY THANKSGiViNG YA'LL.
I personally am a huge fan of Thanksgiving, it is definitely up there as one of my favorite holidays, other few being my birthday (yes it is a holiday & Christmas). It's cold outside and the second you walk into your relatives house at the warmth of everything cooking & the aromas are just overwhelming! I absolutely love it. Today at my parents' house there was a feast (it is mine & my beloveds* first Thanksgiving together) we had lasanga, smashed potatoes, smashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, turkey!, rolls, corn, peas, and millions of snacks. My parents are insane when it comes to meals; and with my beloved* & Aidan coming over they had to go that bigger. They bought olives, cream cheese, & celery for my beloved* the usual suspects chips & dips, cheese, pepperoni, crackers. The snacks were the real insane part! They made the cutest little chocolate pies I've ever seen, somehow they thought making them miniature would help with the whole messy factor & Aidan! LoL yeah right, give a four year chocolate period & there is guaranteed a mess. They also had apple pie, cookies (courtesy of myself & my beloved*), my mother made a chocolate cake with sprinkles on them! And of course they had to buy him presents, the chocolate calender that counts down the days before Christmas, a Spiderman coloring book, crayons & we are going out with them again tomorrow so who knows what else will be added to that list LoL, think they are in a serious wanting phase of a grandchild or what? Not anytime soon! Back but to the topic, Thanksgiving! SO then we went from my parents' to my beloveds* family and everyone was there again walking into the house the instant warmth & smells just fabulous! Of course all of the lovely ladies of the McG clan were there, love them all! Hilarious women! And now after only hanging with them for tops! an hour I am here at work! Love work, it's my life = ) but it's Thanksgiving, extremely slow so it doesn't really feel like work, and I am off to my second beloved Vals house, she cooked all day on her own! yay for that & made these fabulous Greek chocolates that are filled with liquor & I can not wait to sink my teeth into those!
But hope all are enjoying, not only there dayS off but their families, friends & the fabulous drinks & food that should be surronding them. And I HAD to just HAD TO post my favoriest song in the entire world that I HAVE to hear in the car every year with my father but have yet to hear this year so I found it on my own! ENJOY.



No comments: