11.19.2008

No 19 :: Embarrasing.

Okay! So my own little personal goal this week is to make every blog to an entire 7 days (at least) a positive, upbeat, funny blog. And this morning the lovely Lisa & myself were going through the news on the internet & we fell upon a story on whdh.com that began yesterday. A man (yes gentlemen A MAN!) drove his truck into the Charles River! Okay, I understand things happen but 1. I love the fact it was a guy & not a girl "Girl Drivers No Survivers!" ha! and 2. what the hell were you doing that you didn't see the road end, the little downhill & oop! then the river LOL turns out!! the continuing coverage from this story is that the guy sneezed! SERIOUSLY! The quote from whdh.com is "The gentleman said he sneezed, next thing he knew he was in the river," said a witness. HaHa I am sorry, the guy turned out fine, not a scratch on him but seriously, women are the bad drivers here? I have been sick for 2 weeks now; sneezing, coughing, running nose & eyes & (knock on wood) haven't had any incidents where I was heading to a river, especially the Charles River! LoL So today's blog is a funny, embarrassing story of your own! Come on, laugh at yourself life is not that serious. Here's a picture below of that guys' car in the Charles River! LOL He loves that dirty water.


My embarrasing story is a good one! I die laughing, personally, when I tell people. I was about 8 or 9 years old when my parents moved to Plymouth for the longest year (thank God just one year) and I had to take a bus to school! So my first day as an 8 year old I got all dressed up, wore a cute little black skirt, pretty pink & white shirt (yeah I remember all the details!) white bows in my hair & those really think tights girls had when we were little, pretty; shiny black shoes. So my brother & I are waiting for the bus at the end of the driveway all excited for our new school & to see the friends we had made while we visited our grandparents (that live there) every summer, for weeks at a time, we were amped! So the bus pulls up I see one of the girls I remember and sit with her. Ride to school all excited talking about how great it is that we're going to school together making fabulous plans for lunch & recess! We get off the bus and go into school hang up our coats & our bags/lunch boxes into our cubbies (gotta love school when you were younger) and everyone is laughing!? So of course 8 years old you just laugh along having no clue what's going on & the teacher approaches me, 'Jennifer why don't you go see the nurse' okay?! Whatever the teacher says go to the nurse you go. I skip (yes I skipped) all excited for my first day and I am getting into the system, know my class, my teacher & now visiting the nurse who knows why but I was excited. The nurse says 'Jennifer, did you dress yourself today' My eyes light up, 'Yes I did, I picked out these bows & my shirt & my skirt' going to grab my skirt & do a little twirly dance & THERE'S NO SKIRT! I am shocked & run behind her desk, immediately start crying, realizing people were laughing at me! 'WHERE DID MY SKIRT GO? I HAD A SKIRT ON, DID I LOSE IT?' I'm 8 people I have no idea, I was freaked out. So the nurse tries to calm me down, 'it's okay we'll get you something to wear for the rest of the day' crying even more now going through the lost&found items trying to find something that would even half compare to my fabulous skirt I DID HAVE IT ON when I left the house. I finally find a pair of black pants & go into the bathroom to get dressed & start laughing! My skirt went up my shirt & disappeared! I run out of the bathroom & scream 'I FOUND IT!' The nurse laughed and said 'I should be more careful when wearing skirts' I went back to class laughing so hard & explained what happened to my friend & teacher. Of course they got a chuckle & I seriously can not forget that moment. That was absolutely horrible for me, 8 years old at a new school & I lost my skirt? Who loses a skirt? I do! Well that is my embarrassing/funny story. Can't do anything but laugh at them now, they're over & done with & whatever it happened! Happens to everyone. What is you embarrassing/funny story? Please do tell fellow bloggers! Please share with the class.

1 comment:

Miss Kolleen said...

oooh thats a good one! ill have to think... i have really good emabrassing stories....


ask jimbo about the time he talked about $1000 a month rent. thats a good jimbo story.